It has become very obvious that for certain industries, it will be difficult to achieve a reasonable score against the Codes of good practice. As a result of this, the codes allow for the introduction of industry or sector specific codes which differ slightly from the general Codes of Good Practice.
Sector Charters are the same as Transformation Charters, and are developed by major stakeholders in the relevant industries. Should your business fall under any one of these Sectors you are obliged to be measured under this specific Sector Charter.
Sector charters currently being revised are as follows:
- Bus Commuter and Coach Services
- Taxi Industry Sub-Sector Code
- Road Freight Sub-Sector Code
- Public Sub-Sector Code – Transport
- Maritime Transport and Services Industry Sub-Sector Code
- Forwarding and Clearing Sub-Sector Code
- Rail Sub-Sector Code
- Domestic Aviation Sub-Sector Code
- Contractors ( Any construction related companies such as Plumbers, Electricians, Painters etc)
- Built Environment Professionals (Architects, Project management, Engineers, Property Valuers, Quantity Surveyors, Land Surveyors, Town Planners